Black & white photograph, 10"x8", May, 2001. Large group of children outside the St. Charles School. A sign on the side ofthe school reads, "St. Charles School" along with a cross and the building has a corner stone that reads, "1996." The children of St. Charles School, returning to class after an activity on the playground. St. Charles School was founded in 1923 and is part of the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Community on 3rd and High streets. In May of 2001 St. Charles School was one of five Indiana elementary schools to be recognized as a "2000?2001 National School of Excellence" by the U.S. Department of Education's Blue Ribbon Schools Program. There is no writing on the backside.